The LPGA Tournament Owners Association (TOA) originally came into existence under the name of the LPGA Tournament Sponsors Association (TSA) in the late 1970’s. In April of 1990, the first Executive Director was hired and the TSA was officially incorporated as a 501(c)6 Non-Profit Trade Association on September 17, 1990.
The TSA was renamed Tournament Owners Association in 2005 to more closely reflect the makeup of its membership.
Since its inception, the TOA has partnered with the LPGA on the achievement of several significant tasks such as:
- Working to develop consistent contract language to protect constituents and give tournaments a stronger base of operation
- Developed and implemented a Broadcast Revenue Sharing Program
- Compiled and produced tournament analysis reports that help evealuate overall performance and relationships
- Assisted in the development of a one in four policy
- Provided on going education and professional development opportunities for all members and constituents
Today, the TOA is focused on providing valuable resources to its Member Eventsin order for those events to be sustainable, provide their title and sponsors and other investors with the best possible experience and to showcase the best of the LPGA.
The TOA strives to provide its Member Events with valuable Information, Education and Representation that will allow each event to meeto or exceed its individual goals.
The TOA headquarters are located in Roswell, Georgia.